Monday, July 30, 2012

a fun packed family day!

Yesterday was a family day for sure! We both were off which is obviously very rare but always guaranteed to be a jam packed day where we never get anything done, no chores get completed and were guaranteed to be late to everything. But I would not change it for the world because we cherish our days off together! We tried to go to the early service @ church but mommy was a lazy bum and just couldn't get out of bed. (might of been because someone was up until 1 or so updated her blog that has been highly ignored (no more of that non sense promise).
Daddy caught mommy and M sleeping
I was so excited to get to church! it is always such an uplifting experience for me, rather it is a hair raising sermon or an average one for me it is so much more. I praise with my hands held high during worship and I can feel him near me, i sit and listen to Dave talk and I swear sometimes he is speaking specifically to me. He spoke about a dead branch, and how it was disconnected from its source (God) and how it needed to get back to its tree of life to regain life. There were a few other meanings that came from this but more specifically he asked us, "How do you keep your faith and stay alive and continuously grow with him?" That spoke directly to my heart because I desperately need to get into a small group I just seem to make up dumb excuses why I have not entered into one. Lastly he made one last point and said, "remind yourself all the time that he will never leave you and he is always there to bring you back to him." He than in true Vineyard fashion quoted a macho man movie..."stay with me...TOGETHER WE CAN FIGHT!" ha
Do you ever feel the way I do when you just get so over whelmed by the power of God? Hands down top feeling ever. I could feel that feeling every Sunday.

When all was said and done he lead us in prayer and once again I felt like he was speaking directly to my soul. I have such a heavy heart about my brother(I will write about that soon, just not sure what I want to write because I do not want to be angry when I do). He is so lost and so sick in his head fighting addiction, and there is nothing (at this moment) that I can do. I can not be his big sister and save him. I can not blind fold him and send him to my church and have everyone pray over him. This is a battle that he has to desire for himself. Nuff said. I do just ask for now that you pray for him and the ones who love him, more specifically his daughter...my niece.

Wowzers, on to happy Sunday blogging! After church we went to our cousin Tallies 3rd birthday pool party! It was not as hot as i would of liked for swimming but it was still nice. Cayden played and played with his 3 other cousins all 2 and 3 years old. They played play dough together around a round table outside, each with their different colors and it was just too precious watching them all play with one another. None of us wanted to leave because they were playing so well. There will be so many more memories of the babies playing and eventually of Mason and the cousins that are more near his age. We are so blessed to have the family we have, there are times when you wonder why we are still family and why should I have to "deal" with certain people but at the end of the day we are family...and family is all we have.

We did not leave aunt Kelly's home until after 7, and obviously C fell asleep before we hit the highway. So when we got home, we put the boys in bed and the hubby and I enjoyed a beer (or 2) out on our balcony. It was such a wonderful night for that. It is so hard to get in an adult conversation let alone complete alone time, so when we do I feel like I could talk the poor guys ear off. I'm sure he doesn't mind less that he has to say. I think one of the best parts about feeling like our family is complete (at least for the next 4-5 years if not permanently), is finally being able to work on our relationship and learn about each other! Being pregnant is hard on your relationship sometimes. For me it is at least. I am a much more relaxed, fun, awake (ha ha) person when I have my own body with only one heart beat. God has blessed us with two angels and I would never take it back for the world (obvi) BUT i would be fine if my woman parts accidentally disappeared in my sleep....JUST SAYIN.

1 comment:

  1. Yay!!! I'm so glad you're back. ;-) I love the pic of you two sleeping, so sweet!

    That stripped serving set I have is from Crate and Barrel. It is a few years old, so I don't even know if they still carry it. It's fun to use in the summer!

    Enjoy your week!!

    ReplyDelete