Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Sick day & Family day

As eager as I was to get back into blogging, I am not so eager that I would blog while one of my kiddos is sick. Which was what we did all Tuesday. M ran 100-102 from about 6am till 9 that night! Poor thing also has two front teeth coming in and what might be those "fangs". The day quickly went from pool day to stay on the couch and watch Disney movie day ALLLLL day. C on the other hand was not so thrilled with this decision once he got bored. Poor guy, I tried to give him more attention but he just was not getting it. He complained of his toe being sick, his "bewey", you name it became an ailment.

Big brother tried so hard to make him smile.
He loves his "Mas" so much.

I did however try to have some fun with him and we built a tent smack in the middle of the living room. I think I got mom points, we even pulled out daddy's lantern (behind his head).


Shh...while C was taking a bath sick boy
(who flashed his first smile of the day)
took a load off in the tent.

And then we ended the evening watching some Disney. I just love this picture, I never thought I would get to this day where both of my boys look like such big boys! God is so Good!

I absolutely couldn't wait for J to get home! Thankfully M slept all night probably from pure exhaustion over this fever and woke up with no fever. Woo Hoo!!! Watching J pull up this morning was the best feeling. I was just so exhausted and needed another parent. It took a little while for us to get around but when we finally did I remembered we had not been to the local Root Beer Stand. I grow up at this place with my family, and is one of the few good memories I have with my parents and brother.

C's first time eating here. I love sharing my past with my family.

He didn't believe me that he was drinking the exact same pop as mom and dad. We do not give him pop EVER. He gets sips of something we have but its rare. Honestly he gets more from stealing my Diet Coke. Yes that is a gallon of their Root Beer. It is epic.

Eating here was a win win! We got to sit and eat yummy food, daddy and I got to talk (I know right?) and C got to play! He had lots of energy to burn. Notice the infamous ambulance. It goes everywhere, beats a Binky!!!!

Nothing says old fashioned drive up style place than your food in a box!
 I love it!

...and the infamous chili dog. If you go, you must get the foot long.
It is illegal to get smaller.

Goofball with his first gum ball. I was a tad nervous I can not lie.
But, he didn't get it and swallowed it every time.

Oh hey little guy! Good to see you up and smiling.

After lunch and playing we headed to the half price book store. Cayden got two books and 2 movies and mommy got a book called "Happy mommy" it looks really funny. I will have to let you know what I think.

I hope everyone has a great night! Tomorrow we are swimming with a sweet friend and I am tackling my first BIG DIY!!!! More info tomorrow!




1 comment:

  1. Yum!!! Root beer AND chili dogs?!?! heaven!! That looks so good!!! :-)

    ReplyDelete