Monday, August 8, 2011

terrible twos and ear wax.

Weird title huh? But honestly those are the two most prevelant subjects I have right now. For starters, Our son is on day 3 of torrential meltdowns. I will give examples...
1. C and I stepped into a once upon a child looking for the next baby toy deal or whatever. All was well minus the occasional outburst but hey he is 18 months gotta give him a break sometimes. So we are getting ready to leave and someone had brought in a mini play kitchen. C loves those right now especially mommys :). Anywho, he ran right over to it...when i went to pick him up and walk out he went completely all 27 lbs limp and began to SCREAM. Not your normal scream, but like HELP SOMEONE IS TRYING TO KILL ME!!!!! I wanted to laugh so hard and if the floor even looked remotely clean would have let him have it out as I have learned but I promptly picked the baby up ran out of there so fast.
2. He hits us or throws objects and then immediately comes up for a big wet kiss with out any scolding. But we know its all a scam so we must deny his "hitting kisses" & tell him no no. :( its hard to deny cute red headed kisses.
3. finally, if we walk by a light switch and he isnt aloud to turn it on and off EVERY SINGLE FLIPPIN' TIME he has a full body "breakdancing" melt.
We Will Get Through This! We Will Get Through This!
**note to self, I could be settling with a glass of Vinoklet wine and forgetting about the toddler meltdowns if I wasnt pregnant. But dont worry by 3rd trimester I will be enjoying a small glass every once in a while.
(yes this is legal. dont judge me.)

And the best part of today!!!!
Earlier I went to a nearby vitamin shop and purchased something called ear wax candles. I know, sounds very tree hugger. And this girl is not a tree hugger. But a good friend of mine had posted a picture of what came out of her ears after constant earaches. There was at least a tablespoon of a dried yellow substance. So, given that I am constantly congested and my ears always feel like they are full or popping I gave it whirl. My hubs thought I was NUTS! (so did i in the beginning to be honest with ya!) I mean really, who puts a funneled thing in your ear and lights in on fire!!?? Did i mention i'm married to a fireman. oops.
Anyways, after laying down on either side for about ten minutes a piece and watching a small flame "shoot" from the end, it was all worth it when we cut it open and out came about a tablespoon of that same strange looking yellow stuff!!! It worked!!! So, if you are in need of an ear plumber go to to your local vitamin shop and for under ten bucks you too can have cleaned out ears.

ps. I went to my 15 weeks ob appointment today! Got to hear the little heart beat @ 155 bpm! WOO!! And even more exciting, we will get to find out the sex of our baby on September 7th!!!!

1 comment:

  1. Glen used to use ear candles now and then :)
    Hang in there....those tantrums will pass....sooner or later :)
    Love ya

    ReplyDelete