Monday, December 19, 2011

a case of the mondays & update on papa

Well, it seems to be a trend with Cayden and I after I work a sat and sun. Pure and utter lazzyness :) Plus he and I have been fighting some kind of chest/ upper congestion so we have been even lazier than normal. In fact, we have taken two naps today. As much as seeing him cough and sniffle hurts, it pretty convenient to be feeling yucky at the same time. He is not nearly as wild and just wants to hang around and watch movies. I know this will be a distant memory wants Mason gets here, so I am cherishing this as much as I can.

It is almost 5 and he is still sleeping! I am making lasagna soup for dinner tonight, I can not wait to try it! Here is the recipe if you want it!

lasagna soup recipe
I just hope mine turns out like this.......

An update on my Papa...
today is just another day for bad news. We know he will be passing on to be with our Lord, but everyday it seems to get worse FAST. Just this past Friday our family had met with hospice and the plan was to send him there for a few days...get his pain meds under control and than send him home so he could be with us for Christmas. That did not seem like too much. We knew he would only probably last an hour or so but at least be with us. But that does not seem to be the case anymore. He is no longer leaving hospice and will spend his last days there. It does not seem real what I am writing right now. How is is that a month ago I was on the phone with him laughing, and now he is lying in this bed not looking like my papa anymore. I pray that I can see him as much as possible and that if he needs to go today than I am ok with that as long as he is no longer in any pain. Please lord be with him and keep him comfy. We, his family...will cry, and feel like we are suffering but we have each other and God.

So...there is a little 22 month old standing next to me saying, "mo...mo...mo...MOM...moreeeee!" So, I must go, everyone have a great night! Jordan will be home tomorrow @ 2 I can not wait!!! <3

1 comment:

  1. I am praying honey...wish we were closer so I could help more....we love you!! Hang in there...God is still in control.

    ReplyDelete