Thursday, December 15, 2011

you know your a parent when...

Yesterday my husband and I had our only day off together! Poor guy is working 4-24 hours shifts this week...I work saturday and sunday, than he is back at it again. :( Sometimes I worry about C and him not seeing his daddy everyday like most kids, but when you see just how excited he gets when daddy walks in the door @ 6ish it makes it all better.

Anyways...J and I had an epiphany yesterday. We had his younger sister watch C so J and I could finally start and finish Christmas shopping. We left at nine am and didnt come home till after my 33 week appointment which was not until 330pm. So, were in the car, getting close to our first stop at Kohls and we both looked at one another and said, Omygawsh! we are parents! (Clearly we have come to this conclusion a long time ago...but if your a new parent you probably like us notice certain things you begin to do that are something your parents used to do which for some reason made us feel even more like a parent.) And we both began telling stories of how we remember being a little kid, and the sitter came over while the parents mysteriously disappeared to go shopping, but never brought in any bags?!? WTF!

We had such a good time out together!! We shopped the whole time, ate Chipotle inside the mall and than of course had to stop for red velvet cheesecake from The Cheesecake Factory. The pregnant lady may or may not of opened hers in the car on the way to babies r us. oops. So of course we got almost all shoppin done except little things for each other and a few gift cards which we will get at the Kroger so we can get all those fuel points! Those can really save you a pretty penny! We did buy one thing though that we did bring in the house with us upon returning...NO in fact we ran it inside...tore open the box...and tried to get C REALLY excited just like mommy and daddy were....this is what caused all the excitement...
Im not sure we are keeping this one though...when he sat on it his little botty didnt quite fit. Like the whole was too small, and if said boy peed "in" potty, we are afraid the pee may not make it into the hole. You feel me?!? What is your fav potty?

Well, hope everyone has a great day C and I are on our own again till saturday morning and C is not feeling very well.
P.S. we are saying lots of prayers for my papa right now. HE is in the hospital (has been there for over a week now) and just seems to be one problem after another. Yesterday he had a biopsy on a mass they discovered on his pancreas! When they were not even looking at that organ they were looking at his liver. Friday evening we are recieving news about what this mass is, although we all kind of know the answer. I have been very very fortunate to have my grandparents so close to me my whole life. And I am not ready to give one of them up to the Lord. Sorry God, just not ready for your impending plans. So please pray that the docs dont tell us the C word.
My papa and I last Christmas <3

No comments:

Post a Comment