Wednesday, December 28, 2011

A Happy Holidays Re-cap!!

This Christmas was hectic, sad, and quite frankly a lot of other emotions all rolled into one. There are quite a few things I am still so so thankful for...and something happened in the midst of my papa dieing that I think he shined a little light down on me for the holidays. What I mean by that is I was supposed to work on Friday the 23rd, and also Christmas Eve...but because he passed so soon and Is not having a formal funeral...I was graced with some paid time off (funeral leave) to be with my family!! This meant that I was able to go back to J's hometown for almost 2 days and see that side of the family. It was nice to get away and not forget, but put the pain aside and enjoy Christmas with my McClellan family :) So last minute we packed up and drove to VW on the 22nd but before that we opened our presents with our little family. I took pictures but my laptop i think has died on me so im pictureless @ the moment :(. I got my brown leather boots to wear with leggings and jeans!! I was so so excited! They are so nice and the only ones I could fit my athletic legs and pants into! And got a few extra things that I love from my hubby.

The hubby got some goooood smelling true relgion cologne, OSU hoodie, a turvis tumbler cup (amazing) and some other odds and ends...and the boy made out well...he got a play dough set, a 200 lego duplo set and mom and dad made a homemade lego table for him out of a target side table, glue and a lego mat! He loves it, but were having technical difficulties keeping the mat glued down. We may need to get some gorilla glue, rubber cement doesnt seem to be doing the trick :(

Once we rushed and packed, off we went! We stopped at a McDonalds for some grub and of course C had more cheeseburger on the floor than in his belly, o well those are not good for you at all. He did however inhale the apple slices and mommy's fries! once we got there C stayed up till almost 11!! HE couldnt wait to see papaw!! that boy loves his papaw so much. Poor Glenn doesnt stand a chance in saying no to him...he'll learn though :)
The next morning we prepared food and such, hung out eating cookies and junk food than went to Aunt Lori and Mike's hoe to open presents. They open presents a lot differently than my family. They go through each and every person! C was NOT having it can you imagin being almost 2 and have to watch people open every gift!? Needless to say he and I spent a majoity of the time in the basement playing with the corn hole that was set up for the drinking and fun later on :) He had so much frun tossing the bean bags into the holes, such a boy!
We had such a good time in VW!

We came home Christmas Eve day pretty early...we got all dressed for church and then planned on going to dinner afterwards, but a certain little boy was giving us H*LL!!! So we detoured to Ocharleys for dinner! God understands, I hope! Even at the restaraunt he was pretty bad. But poor guy was so so tired we really couldnt blame him for his "ways" ;)

FINALLY, Christmas day came! We got up at the crack of dawn, took Jordan to work and then Cayden and I came home to eat, clean, wrap the remaining presents and go to Aunt Kellys! christmas on my mom's side of the family is always chaotic but it is soooo much fun! All the kids are arould the same age and are really beginning to enjoy themselves and play with one another (or just steal each others toys ha ha) We had our fun, Cayden and Mason made out really well from the whole family! We are so blessed to hve such great family on my side and J's side! After while we went to the firehouse for a Christmas lunch/dinner with the other wives and kids. C ran around the bays (where all the trucks are) with the big boys the whole time! Thank the lord, because at this point he had not had a nap and could of been bad but they kept him going!! The little guy even got a little remote control car from Santa while there!! J got off a whole 12 hours early, so we stayed until 6 pm and we all went home!

This holiday season could of been a lot worse, but my family has stayed so strong! We really all looked like we were having a fabulous time. Im sure we were all having moments o sadness, but for the sake of our nana we smiled on showed her so much love (per usual). That was our holiday weekend! It was busy, not planned well, and sad...but I was able to be with my family and am still so thankful for that!! God is still so good!

No comments:

Post a Comment