Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Easter 2012

Every year the holidays become more and more fun! Obviously because it is SO much better to give than receive. Especially when it is with your own children. We took the boys to the mall to see the Easter Bunny. I bought a 5-7, but was not aloud to take cell pictures (so dumb if I am purchasing in my opinion). Cayden loves all the holiday "characters". He cried hysterically when we LEFT Santa, and this time he just wanted to continue talking to the Easter bunny about the little rubber ducky they were giving out to the little kiddos. It was fun. On Friday morning the Easter bunny paid the boys a visit. We usually have to do holidays on a different day because of Jordan's work. We will figure out some catchy reason when they get a little older, till then we just go with it! I did one for Mason but forgot to take a pic oops. It just had a baby bible, and a romper.




Saturday night we dyed eggs. That was a mess! FUN, but a mess. I accidentally dyed pretty much all of fingers in an attempt to help Cayden. He is not very elegant. Actually he is quite clumsy. I hope it is just his age.



On Sunday Jordan went to work. All the stations got together and ate a big Easter feast. He had to do the mac and cheese, so the night before I went to the store and got stuff for the cheesiest southern mac and cheese and also I had to make a sweet potato casserole. After we dropped him off I went through the drive thru @ Dunkin Donuts and got the guys donuts and of course one for myself and one for Cayden. I love doing things for them. It sucks to not be with your family.

We came back to the house, ate breakfast I prepared the sweet potatoes and then dashed off to church. I put Mason in the daycare for the first time. It was kind of hard but I wanted to really pay attention in church and I can not do that with my kids hanging on me. He slept in his car seat the entire time. Didn't budge once. That's my boy! The service was amazing. It was very emotional for me for two reason.
1) I have a better understanding of Easter because I was re-baptized and gave my life to Christ last Easter so watching the new group go through the baptism was heart renching I knew exactly what they were feeling, such a wonderful way to remember Easter!!
2) After we worshiped, the lead singer started to go into prayer and he mentioned anyone who has lost a loved one this past year and related it to Jesus on the cross, I melted. I have not dealt with my Papa's death at all. It happened so fast and not even a week later my son was born. I did not have time to grieve because I was busy thanking God and my papa for getting Mason out safely! Plus there was no funeral. I have never had someone close pass so I have never understood why the funeral was so intense sometimes. But now I do. I did not get to say good bye!! And I Still feel like I have absolutely no closure. Anyways, It was so good to get that cry out. Someone from behind me put their hand on my shoulder and prayed on me and I could feel God shining on me and Papa of course. Each holiday is going to be rough but leaning on my faith is my only option. (sorry for the rambling)




After church we went home I made a quick lunch and I put Cayden down for an early nap. We had a lot to do that day and he would not (OK i wouldn't of made it) through the day with out some kind of nap! In the mean time Sara and I hung out and I finished my casserole. It was a new recipe for me. But it was the best of both worlds, not only was it pretty but it had marshmallow and the yummy nut mixture! I will post a pic!

We left the house at around 2pm, said our good byes to Sara and off to my cousins we went! We ate some yummy food and had a little hunt for our cousin Annabel and Cayden. Truthfully we were prepare for them to find one item and throw in the towel...BOY WERE WE WRONG. THAT BOY IS SO COMPLETELY MY SON. He already has a competitive streak He was an old pro finding all the eggs and goodies in the yard :) Later on we ventured over to my aunts house for her Easter. That's where my Nana and my mom were. We only stayed for maybe half hour. it was cold, cayden was starving because I wouldn't give him anymore candy until he ate something and he refused. O WELL.

                                                    I think he thought the car was part of the hunt lol


                                                                 candy-aholic!
                                                               my little bunny
                                                           Four Generations <3

Needless to say, after such a long day we went home, he finally ate something and went straight to bed! But we brushed our teeth extra well because of all the candy lol.
I love the holidays and can not wait for the next one, they just get better and better over time.

1 comment:

  1. Love it!! miss you all so very much!! Little Mason looks like a doll in that one picture with you :) Hug Cayden for me!! Love always!!

    ReplyDelete