Monday, February 13, 2012

Quick trip to VW & green snot! YUCK!

This past weekend we made our first trip out of town with two kids. We are pretty good about making sure we leave at a convenient time, usually around nap time if we can help it and we just bite the bullet and end up eating out every time. We are also still able to pack myself, Jordan, Cayden & Mason in one duffel bag. I'm awesome, I know. Until we decide we need to purchase a van we have to be very creative with how much we pack.

This being our first trip, I was very uneasy about how Mason would do not only because the drive but both boys have NASTY green snot (and kids who are getting sick ARE NO FUN to travel with)...but I was hoping he would take after his brother and sleep once the wheels started to turn. That is one of the best parts about traveling with Cayden, he passes out about ten minutes in with out fail. And if he does not, we have the DVD player as back up :) LIFE. SAVER.

This is what happens after half hour of Lion King...doesn't he look like a little book worm???


Once we got to VW we pretty much went straight into party time! Jordan took Cayden to see Papaw while us girls had our fun. Mason got to hang out with his Aunt Jessi most of the party. My kids are very lucky to have family that showers them with so much love! And come on, it is pretty nice to be able to relax and not have a baby connected to your hip at all times! (until night time of course).
The next morning after the shower I made the kids bacon and eggs for breakfast. Everyone else in the family are pretty late sleepers so I usually get to hang out with the littles for awhile. I really like having them sit and watch me cook for them. I can not wait for my boys to do the same thing every morning.

Doesn't he look like he is so proud to be sitting up with the big kids! I really should be paying my niece and nephew when we are all together, they keep him busy FOR HOURS!

And of course I have to show the picture of my son looking like a complete goof!

Tomorrow is Valentines day!! Yes, I celebrate V-day! It doesn't have to be an expensive deal, but I do strongly believe in going an extra mile for the ones you love the most. Jordan and I are taking advantage and going on a date! Our favorite sitter Bailey will be coming over to play! Cayden loves Bailey, which is good...because I trust her 100%. We clicked from the very beginning, I Just hope that when she graduates from nursing school she will still watch my babies, OR find me her clone :)
Everyone have a wonderful Valentines day, make sure you show your loved ones some extra love tomorrow! Oh! time out! speaking of love, Cayden is doing the cutest thing right now! Whenever we are holding him, and the other is standing right next to us we are usually giving him kisses or something. So, now he is taking his hands and pushing our faces together to kiss in front of him! Serious! How cute is this?? It just goes to show that children are very aware of their surroundings and I hope it is because he sees how much mommy and daddy love one another <3

This is just a picture I didn't add into the last blog post, but it cracks me up :)


1 comment: