Wednesday, January 11, 2012

MOM reality, bath time & newborn photo shoot

Its a Wednesday morning, Jordan and Cayden went to the gym...bug is sleeping on his boppy and I am sitting at the table-just finished up my egg whites and toast (start to new diet) and sipping on my coffee that needs heating up again...im a slow drinker what can i say. As I was making my coffee I realized I had not eaten breakfast yet...nor had I pumped because there was a giganto spot on my tshirt oops! So, breakfast got delayed and I went to pump, where I was more involved in watching the news and forgot to look and see how much I had done, when my pants felt wet...well, looks like I was done! So...my shirt is wet, my pants are wet, I had to change Mason after I fed HIM because he was wet from milk. Sometimes I think he does it on purpose, they are smart those 37 weekers :) OOOOh, the realitys of "new mommyhood" that we forget or...I should say we push to the back of our brains when we are feeling the need to have another baby, we forget about the un-done hair...the breast milk soaked pants, shirt and whatever else comes in its way, the eyebrows that have formed to one, the feet that need some SERIOUS attention...I MEAN REALLY I COULD GO ON! But even in the midst of all our dirt ball you look over at your clean, fed, new diapered wonder of a newborn and thank God for dirty clothes and ungroomed body. BUT I did manage to straighten my hair and brush my teeth and make my eyebrows look like there are two yesterday! GOOO MEE!

Yesterday Mason got his first real bath! Which means that almost 3 days ago that grosse umbilical cord finally came off. Im sorry yall, but it may be a great significance to some, but he is not inside me anymore,and I dont feel the need to save it, plant it, fry it whatever some mom's do. NO THANK YOU. We did although get to take some CUTE pictures of bug in all his glory, he was so good that Daddy needed NO assistance, Cayden got to stand on his stool and poke @ his little brother and I got to take embarrassing (in the future, think PROM) naked photos of course we covered the goods, because at no age should a baby or MAN put his goods for others to see! AMEN.

After bath time Mason had his first photo shoot with our new family photographer Jackie! She is so amazing and even better with kids! She did our mini shoot in November and will be doing all of Masons first year photos! Im so excited to have found someone who not only is AMAZING but such a reasonable price! Check out her website to see her work!

Here are som pictures from bath time and a few extra for your viewing pleasure...



 warm and snug in our clothes :) ready to go meet Jackie

I snuck in a little picture, cant really see much but this photo gets me so so excited to see the final work

daddy and cayden doing bath time.

the extra photos I forget to post...

so proud of cayden for being a big boy and letting us cut his hair huge money saver

perfect

 bug, your looking like an old man today :)

 cayden, you and papaw LOVE one another you guys share a special bond.

he loves to help clean!!

papaw & bug

 silly little boy, you love this blanket, I think it may be your new "blankie"

these boys make my life complete, how could you not be happy with this <3

its rare to get a mommy and cayden pic.
But he loves get under the covers and help me pump.

today we are going for a weight check on Mason. Our doctor is so great, she is really just doing it so we have piece of mind. Wish us luck!

2 comments:

  1. Awww, your new little guy is just precious!! Oh, it makes me miss the baby stage all over again. So sweet!! Enjoy him.

    ReplyDelete