Thursday, January 26, 2012

Aunt Sara was here...and she brought me some self esteem, meet the baby sprinkle & an awesome Lego table

This past weekend I was one happy girl...well obviously I am always happy but particularly when my best friend comes into town I notice I am bursting with excitement. I cant stop talking and I just can not wait to have that "person" back around me. We try to talk as much as possible but it is not the same as when she is here. She is one of the most loyal people I have ever met in my life. She is just one of those people you can never let go of! (I bet she is getting a big head reading this, but sometimes you should really really tell people how you feel about them, and not always in a negative connotation). Anyways, she came in on a Friday evening and left on Sunday afternoon. We love to go shopping, eat out...and just gab! But we also love to just hang around the house in our jammies with the kids.

One other reason I love her so so much is she keeps me in check with the fact that even though I am a mom and a wife first and foremost....I still deserve to spend time and money on myself. Before I had a kid/kids I shopped all the time, went out when I wanted...got my hair done, you know...all the things a single twenty-something does. I somehow lost track that I matter just as much as Cayden, Mason and the hubby. It is a daily struggle to go shopping I have such severe guilt when I want to spend on myself...so much so that if it is not in the Target price range I feel it is too expensive. So, thank you Sara for making sure I remember I matter.
                                                     Sara holding Mason for the first time
What a goober!



Here is a picture of she and I before dinner. That's a first for me (literally) since I had kids...going out with out my husband. We went on a date to Olive Garden and I even had a drink, if you have never had there strawberry Bellini you are ABSOLUTELY missing out. I could of drank 5 more.
PS. IT WAS SO AWESOME TO GO OUT AND HAVE AN ALCOHOLIC BEVERAGE. AMEN TO NO MORE BABES
Speaking of no more babies...I had my final sprinkle on Saturday with my family! It was just my aunts, cousins and my nana. These women are so good to me. They really helped us out getting all those little items you do not really think about when you are getting ready for your baby! But since Mason came so early we were not at all ready like we wanted to. My aunt said, Mandy...I felt like I went grocery shopping for MAson lol. Thank you so much to my family. I just cant wait for our next shower!! My cousin Tara is expecting twins, one boy and one girl I can not wait to meet these little boogers, they are not being very nice to their mama.

Sadly enough, Sunday came all too quickly and she had to be on her way back to Pitt. Until next time...
Finally, Jordan and I made this for Cayden for Christmas using a Target table, Lego Duplo board and rubber cement. Well, needless to say the glue did not work at all. In fact, it took over 3 weeks to dry! So we took it apart, got all the old glue off and used Gorilla Glue instead and in about one hour we had the coolest DIY EVER. He loves it! We are able to keep all his new legos together in a red canvas bin under the table. It looks so sharp all cleaned up.

                        He is such a silly boy. He has started doing this typical face...Oh Joy.

No comments:

Post a Comment