Saturday, January 21, 2012

play date & my best friend!

Yesterday was such a fu day! We had our first play date at our house and Cayden was in heaven!!! I had my friend from work, she has an almost 2 year old, Alex and also my friend Andrea brought over her little girl who is 1, Emery. I love her name!! She is a petite little thing but a little pistol! The little thing can nearly speak full sentences,and when she first came inside she said "baby mason" clear as day, like a 5 year old! Those 3 ran around like crazy kids for a good 3 hours and then we made them a gourmet chicken nugget lunch and it was back to crazy town for the kiddos! It was so nice to have adult conversation with other moms and also watch Cayden enjoy himself too! He was having so much fun I ended up letting him run arounf in his t shirt and a diaper because his sweat pants had sweat spots!

At around 130 it was just him and Emery and meltdown central began, so little miss left us (Cayden cried, he did not want his friend to leave :( ) and off to the clouds he went. The day was not all giggles though, hafway through naptime Mason somehow choked on I guess spit up and was to the point where his body was stiff as a board, he was purple and gasping for air!! Thankfully I knew what to do, but I felt like it was not working, so I immediately called my paramedic hubby and he kept me calm and walked me through this. Finally he came around and was beginning to relax and breathe better and better every minute, but his mom on the other hand had to have a HUGE cry fest on the phone because that is the closest I have ever been to my children choking or being in serious pain. I would never wish that on my worst enemy. Im thanking God that he is so strong and hung on, and also thanking God for me knowing what to do. GOD BLESS IT THAT WAS SCARY!

On a much happier note, my best friend came into town today and will be with us until Sunday afternoon! It is so nice seeing her! She is so inlove with our kids and I know they will treasure her almost as much as I do! Daddy let mommy out of the house to have an adult dinner at Olive Garden! I even had a drink, a Strawberry Bellini...AMAZING! Tomorrow my family is throwing me a sprinkle for Mason I cant wait to see everyone!

1 comment:

  1. OMG how scarey with Mason!! But glad you handled it so well....and so haooy you get to see Sara....have a great time today....I miss you so much!

    ReplyDelete