Saturday, March 3, 2012

2 Dr appointments & a STORM!

Yesterday was a very eventful day! It seems like we either have absolutely nothing going on or our day is so packed the day slips by us. Yesterday was definitely a slip right by you kind of day! For starters I had my MOPS meeting. I wish we had our meetings more than once a month because I look forward to those so much. A chance to chat with other young moms who are going through some of the same things I am and who are Christian based makes the bond even stronger. This was only my second meeting but the girls have already made me feel so at home. At this meeting we decorated Easter bunny cakes and let me tell you we had a blast. I definitely fit right in with my group we are all a bit sarcastic and really just need to laugh, I LOVE IT. Here are the before and afters of mine...

                                                         this is the plain cake we received...

 So, I ended up using the purple icing instead of the pink so I didn't feel the bunny would work so I got creative and made a pig. Everyone thought it was pretty funny :)

I took Cayden to MOPS with me so he could play with the other kids. For some reason he was clinging to me and was crying when I tried to drop to him off so he ended up coming with me and hanging with the girls for a little while until Amanda, my friend from work who invited me to this group attempted to take him to the nursery and it worked!
After MOPS was over we went home and Cayden went down for a nap. Then I went back out to the grocery store. I was a little nervous because we were apparently in the center of some possibly dangerous tornadoes! So needless to say I tried to make this trip short and sweet. I hate storms. Jordan was possibly getting called into work it was looking that bad. Fortunately though we were able to still take the boys to their 2 yr and 2 month well checks. Both of my boys are so healthy and on track. I get pretty sad when I go to these appointments, not because they are growing so quickly but because they are so healthy and I always imagine the kids who are there and are not. I am always praying for those kids and their mommies :(

(every picture I take of this kid is blurry because he can NEVER sit still. UGH.)


my cute little naked boy :)

 So, by the time we got home the storms were hitting all the cities they said it would. Accept for us. So we thought...because once I started to cook dinner the tornado sirens went off! So off to the bathroom we went. Mason went into his car seat and we put Cayden in the bath tub with some toys and a snack while J and I checked out the weather on the TV and I watched outside. Thank God the storms went around us! Th storms went north and the tornado's stayed South. We were so lucky. The weatherman said we have not seen weather like this in almost ten years and if it would have hit, it would have been devastating. Thank you God for keeping my family safe.

No comments:

Post a Comment