Friday, March 30, 2012

fun sun-shiny thursday &TERRI-BLE 2'S & pinterest Friday!

On Thursday we got to spend the morning at the zoo as a family! It was so much fun. Even though we have a zoo pass, we always seem to find some new pathway to a super cool exhibit. If we would ever move out of here I would seriously miss the Cincinnati Zoo! It has so much to offer for children and adults! So any who, we found a new place it was a P&G (proctor and gamble) rain forest building. I am pretty mad I have never been here. There are not a ton of animals but what was available was way cooler than I could of hoped for! See pictures below. There was also a boa-constrictor but  this mom does not...i repeat does not do snakes. Rather it be a gardener or that big huge thing that made me want to cry in a corner.
                            not sure the exact name of this bird...but he was still very cool to look at!


but this guy on the other hand was SO cool! He is a sloth! And man does he have some killer abdominal! He was so graceful-only holding on with his razor sharp claws! You can get so close, I was surprised he was not in a cage?


                                                  Here are some more of the boys and daddy <3
                                                     My little bug :)

                                           He looks very unhappy...we are going through another stage.


cool kid. DUH.

                                                                                 BFF
                                                                                
                                            The amazing tulips all over the zoo!

Now, obviously we are entering into our terrible two's...and each day MIGHT be considered a little worse than the next. BUT today topped them all. He was screaming for no reason from the moment he woke up. LITERALLY.

Exhibit one: I went to pick up a product because I do consumer studies (SO FUN), and had to take the boys since the hubby was at work. Cayden had TWO LAY YOURSELF ON THE GROUND AND SCREAM MELT DOWN IN THE BUILDING. WE WERE NOT THERE FOR MORE THAN FIVE MINUTES! THANK GOD THERE WERE PLENTY OF OTHER MOMMIES THERE AND WERE QUICK TO TALK TO ME AND TELL ME THERE KIDS WERE NO BETTER.
Which was nice to hear, because for the first time I was truly embarrassed. I did not have another arm to swoop him up because I had Mas, and I didn't want to put Mas down and walk out with Cayden. So a fellow Mom gave me some advice which I had been doing anyways but it helped to hear it...she said just walk out. Literally walk out the door and he will follow and shut up. So...I did just that AND DO YOU KNOW WHAT HAPPENED NEXT...he watched me walk out and proceeded to laugh at me and have a convo with the same lady giving me advice!!!

So, needless to say she helped me wrangle him out of the building and politely said, "man, my kid would of been running to me crying if I would leave him". And I politely said, "he hates me because I beat him...I wouldn't come to me either"!! HA HA I'm kidding. ABSOLUTELY kidding. He is just THAT ornery. Now, I probably should of gone home but to be honest I just did not feel like it. So we went to hobby lobby and I conquered 2 pinterest ideas I have been wanting to do. Well, the one is not so creative but cheap...modern and cute. The other...AWESOME.
this is my Easter basket make-over! I'm going to add something to the handles maybe a bunch of tied ribbon?

this is my big project! It was super easy! Message me if you want more details!

I hope everyone has a great weekend! I will be working!
GO BUCKS!!!

1 comment:

  1. Austin was a terrible two also. Its rough. Don't feel bad, they all have their moments. ;-) I love the baskets. Too cute!!! Enjoy your weekend at work. Must be nice to get away and have adult time.

    ReplyDelete